I just got out of school recently and just now I’ve been going through some of the recipes that I’ve got sitting around and either have fond memories of, can’t wait to make again, or can’t wait to make the original chef make again. The first thing I’ve come across is a cake and icing recipe given to me by a school administrator. One day she made these cupcakes for a potluck and I feel like I’d been hit in the face with deliciousness. Of course, I need to find a special occasion before I can go out and make them again, but this recipe definitely should’ve been shared ages ago!
I don’t really know where this recipe comes from, but if you recognize it let me know so I can give due credit!
Now, keep in mind that the recipe is actually for cake, but these definitely will always be made as cupcakes as long as I’m involved.
Chocolate Cake with Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 1 cup unbleached white flour
- 1 cup pastry flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking sode
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raw sugar
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 cup maple syrup (this must be why I like them so much)
- 1/2 cup safflower oil
- 2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
Chocolate Ganache Frosting
- 4 cups vegan chocolate chips
- 1 cup vanilla soy milk
- 1 tablespoon brewed coffee
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mix dry and wet ingredients separately, then mix together.
- Pour batter into cupcake pan and bake for 35 minutes or until the “toothpick test” comes out good.
- Mix icing ingredients in a double boiler until chocolate chips are melted, then let cool, blend, and stick in the fridge for an hour.
- Ice away and enjoy
I hope you all like this as much as I do!
Popularity: 16% [?]